- Applicant must reside within the County of Hudson.
- Applicant must appear in person at the Hudson County Clerk’s Office, Division of Public Records.
- Minor applicant (14-16 years old) must appear with a parent.
- Applicant must present required documentation. *See below
- Render cash or money order payment.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION – Adults
(Documents must all be original – No photo copies accepted)
- A valid birth certificate with a raised seal and file date.
(Jersey City & Secaucus born residents must present a valid birth certificate issued by the State of New Jersey Department of Health.)
Residents whose last names differ from the name on their birth certificate as the result of marriage must also present a Certified Copy of their Marriage Certificate with a raised seal.
- OR an Unexpired U.S. Passport or a Naturalization Certificate. Non-Naturalized residents must present a valid Resident Alien Card, valid foreign passport.
- Proof of legal Hudson County address (one of the following):
- A valid NJ Digital Driver’s License
- Non-Driver’s State Issued ID
- Employee ID or Welfare ID
- Utility Bill, Credit Card Bill or Bank Statement*
*Mail must be addressed to applicant and be postmarked no more than 3 months prior to application date. P.O. Box addresses not accepted.
- An example of applicant’s legal signature, such as it appears on a driver’s license.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION – Minors
- Photo school ID
- Valid birth certificate with a raised seal and file date
- Parent’s valid photo ID
- Parent’s proof of legal Hudson County Address
$10 Adult Resident
$5 Minor Resident (Age 14-16)