- Applicant must be an honorably discharged veterans of any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- Applicant must appear in person at the Hudson County Clerk’s Office, Division of Public Records.
- Applicant must present his or her DD-214 Military Discharge Record.
- Applicant must present proof of identity.
- Applicant must present proof of legal Hudson County residency.
- There is no fee for a Veteran ID card.
The card identifies the veteran’s name, address, branch of service and discharge date. It can be presented at participating Hudson County stores and restaurants for a discount on purchases. A list of participating stores is provided to each veteran applicant.
Any discharge documents are considered confidential and can only be accessed by the veteran applicant or his/her family.
Veterans who may have misplaced or cannot locate their DD-214 can obtain a copy by submitting Form SF 180 to the National Archives and Records Administrator (NHP).
If you are a business owner or operator and wish to participate in the County’s Veteran ID Card Program by offering veteran applicants a discount on goods or purchases, please complete this discount form and return to the County Clerk’s Office: Division of Public Records at 257 Cornelison Avenue, Jersey City, or e-mail to email@example.com, or fax it back to us at 201-369-3478.
Veteran Designation on NJ Licenses
A new law (S2508) recently went into effect that allows veterans to use their Hudson County Veteran ID Card as proof of status to obtain a veteran’s designation sticker from the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission for his or her New Jersey license/state ID.
Veterans may use a Hudson County Veteran ID Card OR their DD-214 as proof of status to obtain a veteran designation sticker from the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission.
The designation sticker is issued directly by the State of NJ and can be requested in person at a local Division of Motor Vehicles or by mail. Visit http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/vet.htm for details.